Saturday, August 22, 2009

time flys

Feels like just yesterday I was writing here and it turns out to be almost a week.
I do have a good excuse, summer has finally arrived, nice and hot all week.
Early July weather in late August, which translates into 100 degrees plus weather.
My kind of weather, spent almost the whole week out of doors every opportunity I got.
I drank about 2 gallons of water each day, and my sweat was sweating, I love this kind of weather.
I was able to leave the shop door open late into the evening it was so warm. Mosquito count was very low since the summer has been so cold to this point, very few hatched, a good thing.
Daily monsoon even help off for a week or so, this has to be good for the local trails, give them time to dry out a bit. Ottawa Valley clay can be very nasty when wet, and this year it is saturated. Walking the walk, not possible to tread lightly, so off road isn't happening for me.
I am not getting much done writing here, so I am back to the truck, I did find the problems with the electrical; isolator voltage drop was too high making full charge a thing that didn't happen, and the anti-corrosion compound I used on one of the ground points failed. No point naming who made the stuff since it is only available to electrical utilities for use in switch gear. This type of equipment is normally indoors out of the weather, under hood is hardly out of the weather, lesson learned.

have a great time until we meet again, be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment