Thursday, September 10, 2009

some times life just sucks

Life has been a total PITA of late, and the best way to deal is to write.

Then I got an e-mail from a friend, slide show sort of thing.

It described how 10% of your life can control the other 90%.
The 90% being how you react to situations and how that reaction will carry over and mess up the rest of your day, week, month...
That 10% being how you react, and I have decided that I have been reacting all wrong and letting the actions of other cause me no end of grief.

The key is going to be remembering this, bit of a steep learning curve, but worth the try.
So today, and just for today, I am going to not react badly, yes I know awkward sounding and poor writing. Today is going to be a good day, and everything is going to roll off like water on a ducks back.

have a great day.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009


Interesting weekend.
My wife and her sister went off to Chicago Land raceway for the Indy race and I worked on my truck.
Front replacement drive shaft from Tom Woods looks to be an improvement on the Spicer double cardon version. The difference being on the new drive shaft the follower can be greased. The Spicer version is factory lubricated, read designed to fail. Someone was not thinking the day that was designed. The drive shaft that failed was the second, and only after 9,000 miles, rather short. The first started squeaking a bit after about 3,000 miles, at which time I smeared it with grease, and lasted to 15,000 miles.
Being the front drive shaft it does not spin all the time, in fact hardly at all.
Next up on the vehicle fix-it list I guess will be the brake discs. I think that they will probably get done when I do the stretch.
I am planning a stretch from 90 inch to 106, going to use the spare frame I have to build up the rolling chassis then move and modify the body. That is the plan.
A re-power is in order as well, as soon as I can find a Cummins diesel.
Funny thing about that, two years ago I was toying with the idea of building a new truck, Cummins motors where everywhere, no problem finding one. Now however, they all seem to have disappeared. This is a total pita.
Who knew it would be so hard to find a wrecked Dodge pickup? had I known i would have bought and stored on when I started the design side of things.
Oh well.