Wednesday, July 8, 2009

wet enough?

More rain, just what we needed. My frigged lawn looks like a pasture, the grass is so long. The only time the sun seems to come out is mid-week during the time I am stuck in my cubicle. I refuse to take time off to cut the lawn, that is just not right.
So we start with Global warming, and that get traction until someone noticed all the weather stations they were basing the hoop-la on were all in or very near major cities. No kidding cities are hotter than the country side. So as not to look completely silly the name changes to 'weather change'.
What has this to do with my over grown lawn? Nothing at all, I just got a bit off on a tangent.
Just going to be one of those years when it is a bit wet during the summer.
I remember the last time this happened, I had just purchased my first mountain bike. Heavy steel frame, tough as a tank and almost as heavy. i had a ton of fun with it, rain or shine, the guy two door down and I went out and did a 15 mile loop almost every day. Two crazy "A" type personalities racing through the trails, and the wet times were even more fun.
Too bad some one built a four lane highway right down the middle of the trail network.
Some riding might help he quit smoking.

Today is one of those days when the sun is expected to come out, maybe I should buy a goat and call it BBQ?

No comments:

Post a Comment